New short series of genealogy blogs for Christmas 2012
A New Series of Blogs to see out the rest of the year (2012).
After a bit of a break I hope to write a short series of genealogy blogs on some interesting Co. Donegal families that I have researched througout the year. Most of these families were recorded in the Irish annals in medieval times but many were dispossessed by the early modern period by such powerful Donegal or Tír Chonaill families as the O'Donnell lords of Tír Chonaill and the McSweeney galloglass chieftains. I will write the first blog over the next few days and then one a week until Christmas. Title of blog this week: Some more interesting Donegal families ~ O'Farren, O'Mulgeehy, O'Murray and McGarvey.
Latest from Darren McGettigan
- The McDaid Family (also McDevitt ~ MacDaibhéid) of Inishowen and Co. Donegal
- The unusual collapse and decline of the McLoughlin Kings of Tyrone
- Magnús Barelegs ~ The King of Norway who spent Christmas 1102 in Ireland at the court of the High-King
- The disappearance of the O'Taircheirt family in medieval Tír Chonaill
- Five Families from the medieval lordship of Tír Chonaill
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.